Hey! You've reached my blog. Click here for MY WEBSITE, here to DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE SAMPLE SHEET, here for posts related to ILLUSTRATION, here for CHILDREN'S BOOK ILLUSTRATION, here for TOY DESIGN, here for A LITTLE ABOUT ME, and here to CONTACT ME. Cheers!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big breaks, the pre-growing season and the latest paint splatters

I wish I could blog a bit more regularly, but it's one of the first things to get crossed off the Big Ol' List of Time Management (more specifically, it's #3 on the list.... #1 being "sleep" and #2 being "prepare food for myself that is more substantial than three cookies"). I'm pretty sure there are all ready too many posts about cats, whiskey and stress on the Internetz, so the world won't miss mine. When this round of deadlines settle down, I'd like to start a series of posts about freelancing and the trials and joys therein (no, I refuse to use the word "winning", you jerks). Yeah. When work settles down. Yeah. I'm also considering starting a Unicorn Hatchery.

There's a lot going on over here. I'm in Paintapalooza / Illopocolypse / Artageddon / whathaveyou while I get about 48,427 paintings done for the Ex Arcana card game that I'm criminally, bashfully behind on.

Couple card illustrations so far:

I've also got a lot of confidential work going on for the toy clientele (it's that time of year again, and I've gots bills ta pay). Feast or famine tends to happen a lot in the toy industry since the product development schedule is cyclical. Two toy seasons a year - Spring and Holiday - have lulls and swells that I've spent the last few years getting used to, but they still catch me off-guard occasionally. My fingers. They cramp so. Oh, the Drawing Claw, she be back. Yar.

I can't wait to start putting up photos of the garden again this year... I feel like this winter lasted about 9 months too long. We had way too much snow, and I saw way too much night. I'm looking forward to the feeling of a little sun on the back of my neck as I till the soil and grow some vegetables. I bought a sprouting system and some new vegetables to try out (soybeans, carrots, different types of beans). I may or may not do pumpkins again this year, due to the infuriating battle I had with aphids and powdery mildew and making sure to pollenate them at just the right time and so on.
Pumpkins are prissy goddamned reality TV stars of the garden, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I swear. They're like the Kardashian girls except swollen and orange and... well, they're like the Kardashian girls.

More later, perhaps, when I get my nightly injection of caffeine over here in the Illotorium.

1 comment:

  1. Love the nice blend of design, cartoon style and painting. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete