Hey! You've reached my blog. Click here for MY WEBSITE, here to DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE SAMPLE SHEET, here for posts related to ILLUSTRATION, here for CHILDREN'S BOOK ILLUSTRATION, here for TOY DESIGN, here for A LITTLE ABOUT ME, and here to CONTACT ME. Cheers!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Death: The High Cost of Sketching

This is not a proper update. I will write one, I swear. It's coming, I assure you. But this is not it.

I needed a break from drawing-for-money, and this month's Dr. Sketchy's Philly theme was "Death" (as in, the Sandman kind) - one of my favorites to date. Good crowd (except for that one creepy guy at the bar that kept saying "this is my first time to one of these! I'm cultured!" but he had no sketchpad or drawing implement... ew), great music, plentiful rum.
I'm a Gaiman fan (shocking, I know) as well as a Sandman fan, and having a model as picture perfect as Stoya was the icing on the cake. The spooky, gothy, dark-as-my-soul cake.  With black candles. And Robert Smith singing "Happy Birthday". And spiders in a gift box. But I digress.
Anyway, Stoya had a parasol and high shiny boots.
That's pretty much a great day, right? Thanks to the DS Crew for putting together a great one.

They do challenges, and I'll usually do them even if they're harder, because it hardens my "drawing on assignment" muscles. Drawing Marilyn Monroe from memory was a little harder than I thought it'd be, but I think she translates.


Sketches here on Flickr.
Stoya on Twitter (Warning: Stoya's a saucy lady & adult film actress).

EDIT:  I will truly make a decent post soon. A lot of what I'm working on is confidential right now, so I can't even talk a big game. I'm psyched about the work I'll be doing so for Evil Hat and the Dresden Files RPG, and other stuff.

In the meantime, I've been up for about 32 hours straight. My brain is turning into soft gelatin product (the kind with horse bits) and is oozing out of my ears. This is what happens when I don't sleep - I'm amused by crap like PhotoBooth:


Ugh. Time for bed, babykins.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some good sketches. I had tickets my self to go but was unable to go that day. Must of have been a blast. You even got the swirl underneath the right eye. Nice!

    ReplyDelete