Hey! You've reached my blog. Click here for MY WEBSITE, here to DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE SAMPLE SHEET, here for posts related to ILLUSTRATION, here for CHILDREN'S BOOK ILLUSTRATION, here for TOY DESIGN, here for A LITTLE ABOUT ME, and here to CONTACT ME. Cheers!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

New! Year! Resolutions!

Since 2012 is already slated to be catastrophic (you know, end of the world and all), 2010 and 2011 should be AWESOME, right? Right. So Happy New Year. The Mr. and I brought in '10 with three days of house guests (we call Dan and Jay "our baby birds"), games and good food and drink. I'm paying for it now with a terrible cold, but c'est la vie.

"New Year's Resolutions" have this doomed connotation, but I think it's all a matter of what you resolve. It's all about discipline and making sure you're making gradual and livable changes -i.e. don't "diet"... change your nutritional habits. Anyway, a couple "nutritional improvements" for my studio:

1. Sketch at least 1-2 hours a day. Aside from the current project I'm working on, getting my sketches together for the next projects and just sketching in general (even if it's studies of cupcakes and yaks) will keep the brain and hands feeling top of their game.

2. Remember that art is my job, and I can leave the office. I understand the old pseudo-adage of "the dreamier the dream job, the harder you have to work to get it." I am no stranger to the 80 hour work week. However, making sure I leave the office and, uh, live, is a struggle for me. (I'm so "all or nothing".) Sleep is my friend. I sometimes think it's my imaginary friend... so I guess it's good I'm going into children's publishing.


And so forth. Those resolutions will keep me busy, but they're reasonable and I feel good about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment